Friday, November 11, 2011

Question the members may have for me.....

Well, this is my first blog I have ever made or maintained. About me, well, I work in the medical field checking pacemakers and defibrillators in a busy cardiology practice, in Dallas, TX.  On the weekends, I volunteer at Dog and Kitty City, the Dallas County Humane Society.

I have two cats of my own, Bugs, a 10 year old grey tabby and a 8.5 year old tonkinese mix, named Buttercup.  These will be the only children I will have, since I had a vasectomy in 1997.

I currently reside in The Village, a large apartment complex, off of Southwestern Blvd.  It is safe to say that there are more stray cats here, than any cat house in Nevada.....

I guess that people will want to know why the hell am I feeding him, when I don't know who the owner is, even though I have a close idea where he lives.  Well, it started when I began to feed my neighbor's cats, around two years ago, after he went to hospice.  His cat was solid black, and was quite feral but I kept my promise to him and feed this cat till he stopped showing up.

After a while, this beautiful, majestic, grey cat, showed up on my porch, and would not let me pet him or touch him, but let me watch him while he ate.  I picked the name Merlin, since a friend of mine, had a Russian Blue, named Gwendolyn.  So, he became my Merlin and a pain in my ass.

After a while, Merlin let me pet him and now, he lets me pick him up and play with him.   While he was an unexpected addition to my family, I do enjoy feeding him.  For the most part, I can predict when he will come by.  He usually comes by 5 to 6 am, and 5-6 pm.  Unfortunately, sleeping in is more of a privilege than a right, since Merlin gets on his hind legs and scratches the window, till I open the door and feed him.

I have put multiple collars with notes, with my contact information.. The funniest thing I ever did was to put a pink collar on him.  Needless to say, it lasted only a day. 

I plan on painting his nails pink, if he will let me.  That would piss off his owner, if nothing else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment